Pages

Friday, October 18, 2013

Happy Friday...beware of poo

It's Friday and that means 2 things...1) it's almost the weekend (yay, extra hubby time!) and 2) I've almost survived a whole week of cloth diapering!  

I never realized just how many of my friends were cloth diaper mamas until my last blog post...ya'll are amazing!  What a wonderful support system I will have during times of frustration or confusion!  And if a mama of twins can handle this, I most certainly should be able to (props to you Jenn)!

*Brief warning, the next paragraph will contain some poo...literally. If ya don't like poo, skip past this one.*

So far, cloth diapering hasn't been so bad. We've had a couple of minor leaks (user error, still trying to figure out what snaps are too tight and what snaps are too loose etc.) and one dreaded "peanut butter" poo (sorry if I just ruined peanut butter for you, I know I did for my mom when I told her about this)...ya know, that stage where it's no longer just breastfeeding poo that you can just throw on the washer, and it's not quite a flushable turd (I warned you).  I planned on purchasing some flushable liners, but haven't yet, so I had to deal with it somehow. So I got creative. I used a clipboard to hold the diaper above the toilet and the peri bottle I got from the hospital and essentially created my own diaper sprayer system for zero dollars!  I still think I wanna get some liners, though, they just sound easier...thoughts cloth diaper mamas?

Gosh, that last paragraph makes it seem like my life is consumed with my child's excrement, which is true to a degree. But there are other things going on for me. Like...um...ya know I've got...um.  Cleaning.  I used a couple of the bazillions of microfiber diaper inserts I received to clean my floors...just stuck them to the Velcro on my swiffer wet jet and went to town.  So I won't be purchasing any more of those expensive refills...and pinterest taught me how to remove the lid to the wet jet bottle so I could refill it with something else...so I won't be purchasing those expensive refills either.  And cooking. Aside from making dinners, I finally whipped up a batch of chocolate chip cookies for my aunt and uncle for letting us borrow their stove while we're living in this house (it is SUPER difficult to find a used LP gas stove, thank goodness for family!). Cookies are SO much more enjoyable to make with my new KitchenAid mixer! 

Wow, my life is so not exciting anymore. 

But I get to spend my days with my favorite little man, so I couldn't be happier with my dull life!  And this weekend my mother-, father-, and brother-in-law are coming to visit, and weather permitting we'll be doing some fun things together, so I'm super excited for that!  And next week for David's Fall break we will be traveling to TN to spend time at my parents place there for what I assume will be our last time (please pray that their Tennessee home sells quickly, we want them back ASAP!)

Let me leave you with one of the many adorable 6 month photos of my son taken by my talented cousin Lindsey!  At his 3 month photos Ezra was sooo over it, but this time he turned on the charm when the camera was in front of him! Such a handsome boy! 
Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment