Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Morning Musings

So here I sit, up early on a Saturday morning because my little boy began his morning calisthenics at 6:30 and is still going strong at 8:45. I don't really mind though...I'm an early riser anyways, and I love being able to lounge on the couch and watch my belly move. This is a really strange connection to make, but bear with me...remember that movie The Mummy and those beetles that would crawl around under people's skin? That's kinda what watching Ezra move reminds me of now, except way less creepy and way more amazing. I was reading on my What to Expect When You're Expecting app that it's a good idea to count the number of your baby's movements in an hour (there should be at least 10) to make sure that all's well in there...let me tell you, that is not at all necessary with my little guy. He is pretty much constantly in motion when I am not. If I'm up teaching or going for a walk he'll be still, but the moment I sit down he's a little bundle of energy again. He especially likes to wiggle around just moments after I eat, which was particularly true last night when my husband and I went to Buffalo Wild Wings and tried the Asian Zing wings...super hot, super delicious, and super baby-moving! He was kicking so hard after those wings that shopping afterwards was a struggle (which if you know me well you know that shopping for me is NEVER a struggle!). Don't you worry, I powered through ;)
Some other ridiculous and random thoughts I've been having lately: I had another doctor's appointment on Wednesday, and during this appointment they did the glucola test where they make you drink what tastes like Kool-Aid with extra sugar and then after an hour they draw your blood to ensure that your body is processing sugar the way it's supposed to and you don't have gestational diabetes. I hate needles, I hate blood, and I hate pain, so this was an appointment that I've been dreading. I was so whiny about the whole blood-giving experience that afterwards I exclaimed to my husband "How in the world am I going to get an epidural if I can hardly stand a little needle in my arm?" This statement immediately struck me as ridiculous...like really Val, do you really think the epidural is the part of the process that will be the most painful? Yes, I fully intend on getting an epidural during the delivery of little Ezra...although I hate needles, I am not my mother (who told me once that she doesn't remember much pain from either of her completely natural childbirths, just a lot of pressure...she is either the toughest woman ever, which is very likely, or she has the best case of delivery amnesia ever). I am a pain wimp, so I fully intend on that needle going into my spine ASAP. I accidentally found myself watching A Baby Story yesterday (which is a really bad idea when you're expecting, but when I wasn't expecting I wasn't interested in it at all), and one woman went about her delivery with an all-natural mindset while the other immediately went for the epidural at the first sign or discomfort...NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE! Neither one looked pretty, but boy did they sound different! One was crying and exclaiming that she was going to die, the other was smiling and joking with her doctor. Um yeah, I'll take the latter please!
Well, it is now 9:20, and little Ezra is still doing his exercises...my little wiggle worm! I'm going for a walk at 10 with a fellow preggie, and I'm hoping my movement will lull him to sleep for a little while...we shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment