Pages

Friday, January 11, 2013

The Joys of Maternity Jeans

I stuck it out for as long as I could...I was able to wear my regular pre pregnancy pants unzipped with a belly band over them for 6 months of my pregnancy, and it finally got so darn uncomfortable that I broke down and bought some maternity pants. Wow, what a difference! I understand why some women don't want to go back to wearing regular pants after baby. Without a button or a zipper they are just so stinking comfy! I was able to find quite a few at Goodwill and other thrift stores and consignment shops, but one staple was still missing from my maternity pant wardrobe...skinny jeans. Maternity skinny jeans are impossible to find at a reasonable price, so I splurged. I went into Motherhood Maternity (where they are clearly trained to deal with highly emotional women concerned about how big they're getting) and forked over a good chunk of my Christmas cash for the perfect pair of maternity skinny jeans...so worth the money! I put them on and you can almost hear the hallelujah chorus start playing in the background, they are just that good!
In other news, Ezra has a new hobby...it's called kicking-mommy-in-the-ribs-in-the-middle-of-the-night. Painful AND sleep reducing. I've been like a walking zombie all week as a result. Not to mention I just entered the third trimester and I'm feeling extra tired all the time anyways. And huge. But, it's all a part of pregnancy and I can't complain about this little baby boy who I already love so much, so I'll just grin and bear it through the hurdles until I get to see his sweet face in just 3 short months!

1 comment: